The Michigan Conference Office of Education operates a year-round Outdoor Education program at Camp Au Sable in Grayling, Michigan. This program is an innovative and very successful educational venture consisting of four days at the camp studying God's nature and our relationship to His second book. The program highlights are:
- first curriculum-based program in North American Division;
- hands-on environmentally intensive curriculum;
- curriculum correlated with the 5th-6th grade science curriculum guides;
- several thematic topics available to choose from;
- coordinated educational materials available;
- curriculum targeted for 5th-6th grade students;
- Christ-centered, creation-based curriculum;
- certified teacher with 17 years outdoor education experience;
- classes taught Sunday-Wednesday; and
- small groups, maximum of 24 students at a time.
There are openings for homeschoolers or public school children. If you have questions or would like to be involved in the program, please call the Office of Education @ 517 316-1550.