AUGUST - Due 17th Check List
Things to do: Read Handbook for Principal's
1. Send pre-session schedule to teachers before they arrive on contract
2. Finalize and prepare registration documents and schedule cleaning of school prior to registration (See Teacher Resources Page)
3. Meet with School Board Chair to set agenda for September Board Meeting - School Board Manual
4. Get all potential volunteers to complete Adventist Volunteer Screening (This will be approved at next school board)
5. Collect class schedule analysis from each teacher
6. Populate Jupiter with new families (get student I.D. from NAD Dashboard)
7. Send letter to all families include: Welcome, First Day Schedule, News, New Teacher Bio's, upcoming important dates
8. Keep treasurer updated on a daily basis and working with families to get financial contracts signed.
9. Check the playground for proper depth of mulch. (9 to 12 inches)
10. Get IT support for new staff and equipment
11. Get list of all field trips and overnight trips prepared for upcoming board approval
12. Meet with Finance Committee to update the final school year budget (this is voted in the September School Board)
13. Meet with Home and School Leader to overview the year - Home and School Association Handbook
14. Review and update your emergency protocols. Adventist Risk Management Resources
15. Complete the First Day Count at the end of the first day of school.
16. Enroll in Student Accident Insurance Plan (this is required)
SEPTEMBER - Due 17th Check List
School Emergency Drill Schedule - This needs to be approved at your September School Board Meeting then sent to Ed Dept.
Student Insurance Form
School Board Minutes and Treasurer's Report sent
Fire Drill Log Google Form
A physical examination is required of all students entering a Michigan school for the first time. A physical examination is recommended at grade 1, 5 and 9.
Student immunization Records need to be up-to-date. Non-medical Immunization waivers cannot be accepted without the county health department stamp and signature of the authorizing agent completing parent/guardian immunization education.
Invite speaker for your Fall Week of Prayer.
OCTOBER - Due 17th Check List
Fire Drill Log Google Form
Keep school Emergency Drills Notebook up-to-date
Final Budget for Current School Year Form is due November 10
Schedule Parent-Teacher Conferences for end of 1st qtr.
Start keeping track of new inventory and deletion of old inventory. (June 10 section)
NOVEMBER - Due 17th Check List
School Board Minutes and Treasurer's Report Sent
Review your schools last evaluation recommendations with the school board. A written report will be due in February.
DECEMBER - Due 17th Check List
Send School Board Minutes and Treasurer's Report
The second MAP Assessment is just a few weeks away
Update your Emergency Drills Notebook
Invite a speaker to your Spring Week of Prayer
Communicate to parents about the upcoming PT Conferences
JANUARY - Due 17th