PLEASE Help Those in Need!
Adventist Community Services - Disaster Response (ACSDR) are always prepared to help communities in the event of an emergency. One such emergency is flooding, which happens quite frequently in Michigan.
Unfortunately, after the water drains the residents and survivors have enormous amounts of clean-up to accomplish before the mold sets in.
That's where ACSDR, and you, can help!
ACSDR provides free flood buckets to impacted communities. The flood buckets contain various items used to clean up, dry, and sterilize pertinent areas and surfaces.
At this year's camp meeting, ACSDR director Chelli Ringstaff, is requesting YOUR support in bringing supplies to camp meeting to fill the flood buckets with the necessary items.
You can donate the materials by bringing them to the Mobile Kitchen or inside the Exhibit Tent at the ACS Booth.
Needed materials are listed below. For any questions, call Judy Klein (517-316-1552) or email her at email@example.com.
Flood Bucket Materials
- 5 scouring pads
- Sponges, 7 pack, assorted sizes
- 1 Scrub Brush
- 18 cleaning towels (reusable wipes)
- Liquid laundry detergent (two 25 oz. or one 50 oz. bottle)
- 1 Household cleaner, (12-16 oz. bottle)
- Disinfectant dish soap, (16-28 oz. bottle)
- 50 clothes pins
- Clothes line--two 50 ft or one 100 ft
- 5 dust masks
- 2 pairs latex gloves
- 1 pair work gloves
- 24-bag roll of heavy-duty trash bags (33-45 gallon --remove roll from box before placing in donation bin)
- Insect repellant spray (6-9 oz.) Pump, drop, or lotion. NOT aerosol)
- Air freshener (8 or 9 oz.)
- Monetary donations are also accepted. Mark your tithe envelopes "ACSDR Flood Buckets"