Preparation For School
If any 8th graders are taking Algebra 1 you must get approval from the Lake Union before school begins. Click here for that form. This must be approved before classes begin.
Lock-in your Fall Week of Prayer speaker
AUGUST - Due 17th
Things to do:
SEPTEMBER - Due 17th
- A health appraisal is required of all students entering a Michigan school for the first time. A physical examination is required each year until they turn 5, then in 7th grade, or if a students health status changes significantly.
- Student immunization records need to be up-to-date. Non-medical immunization waivers cannot be accepted without the county health department stamp and signature of the authorizing agent completing parent/guardian immunization education.
- Finalize details with the speaker for your Fall Week of Prayer.
OCTOBER - Due 17th
- Keep school Emergency Drills Notebook up-to-date.
- Final Budget for Current School Year Form is due November 17.
- Schedule Parent-Teacher Conferences for end of 1st Quarter.
- Start keeping track of new inventory and deletion of old inventory. (June 17 section)
NOVEMBER - Due 17th
DECEMBER - Due 17th
- The second MAP Assessment is just a few weeks away.
- Update your Emergency Drills Notebook.
- Invite a speaker to your Spring Week of Prayer.
- Communicate to parents about the upcoming PT Conferences.
JANUARY - Due 17th
- MAP Assessments are approaching at end of January.
- Communicate to parents about the upcoming PT Conferences with MAP Growth results.
Certification and Graduate Tuition Scholarship Applications may be found at the Lake Union website.
- If you know someone who would like to teach in the Michigan Conference please encourage them to send us a current resume.
- Keep school Emergency Drills File up-to-date.
- Review with your board chair and then the school board at large the recommendations made at the last school evaluation. A Written Progress Report will be due in our office on March 17. This does not apply to schools that have an evaluation during the current school year.
FEBRUARY - Due 17th
Emergency Drills Form - Due Monthly
- Send the School Board Minutes and Treasurers Report to Sheri Castanon.
Acceleration Forms - due April 17.
Retention Forms - due April 17.
- Please review with your board chair and then the school board at large the recommendations made at the last school evaluation. A written Progress Report will be due in our office on March 17. We review them and then forward to the Lake Union on April 20. This does not apply to schools that have interim or an evaluation during the current school year. In addition there are two different Progress Reports:
Eighth Grade Diploma Order is due March 17. A certificate of Completion is available upon request. These certificates are for eighth graders who do not have passing grades in core subjects.
Tentative Budget for the next school year due March 17.
- Place Multi-Grade Kindergarten Request on the next school board agenda if needed. Due with April 17 report.
- Next year's school calendar as approved by the school board is due April 17.
- Place the Junior Academy Application on the next school board agenda. Due March 17.
MARCH - Due 17th
APRIL - Due 17th
MAY - Due 17th
- Keep school Emergency Drills website up-to-date.
- Start working on your school inventory while you have other teachers who can help (due June 10).
- Do your semi-annual surveillance of asbestos this month. (Send the form on June 10).
- Directions for Asbestos Notification
- Choose the appropriate letter
- Copy on school letter head
- Mail to parents of all students and others who are in the school building
- Send a copy to the Office of Education with your June 10 report
- Place a copy of the Asbestos Annual Letter of Notification letter in Section 7 of the AHERA Management Plan Notebook
JUNE - Due 3rd
- Enjoy the summer! You can serve others only if you are first filled.